Today I’ve been a productive little panda
I’m sorry, I had to.
But really, today I woke up and decided to knock out tons of things that I’ve been putting off for quite some time. It is such a relief to be able to breathe again with a few less things on my plate to worry about. Things that I’ve accomplished include:
- Organizing my class schedule for the fall & spring semesters
- Shopping for shoes for my bowling class (yes, I’m serious)
- Organizing ALL of the summer pictures on my computer
- Stretching out my little leggies with a 20 minute Yoga Zone podcast
For luncho-muncho I threw together my third cottage cheese salad of the week:
Spinach, avocado, carrots, grape tomatoes, alfalfa sprouts, cottage cheese and balsamic vinegar. Baller.
I’ve had a couple requests to post the funfetti cookie recipe that I made for my friend Amy’s birthday this weekend. Well folks, your wish is my command
The idea for this recipe hit me one morning before going into work at the theater camp. Needing a quick cookie recipe to bake for the campers, I started stumbling through my recipe collection. For some reason—”Funfetti” was on my brain.
I had heard of funfetti cake, funfetti cupcakes and even funfetti blondies, but had yet to hear of a funfetti cookie recipe. I even resorted to a Google search and was still unable to find such a creation!
I immediately knew that I had to change this.
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 cup softened butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 2 Tablespoons rainbow sprinkles
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit and spray baking sheet with cooking spray.
2. In a small bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and baking powder.
3. In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar. Mix in vanilla extract and egg.
4. Slowly pour dry mixture into wet mixture, while stirring to combine. Once dry and wet mixture are completely combined, add in sprinkles. (Be careful not to overmix!)
5. Roll dough into balls and press onto greased baking sheet. Bake in oven for 8-10 minutes, or until golden. Allow cookies to cool for 3 minutes before serving.
6. If desired, decorate funfetti cookies with icing and sprinkles
I’m heading to grab some sushi with Will at one of our favorite places Toodles!