Funfetti Amy

by Brittany on August 13, 2011

Let me begin by saying that for all of you who played “Guess That Plate” in my last post & thought that my plate was Exhibit C, you were correct! ;) I knew that you guys wouldn’t let me down (especially with greens in the picture…literally)

Anyway, I hope all of you are enjoying the beginning of your weekend! My Saturday was filled of funfetti cookies, new iPhone discoveries, and a Starbucks chat with an old friend.

For lunch, I threw together a monster salad:

amy 004

Romaine lettuce, cucumbers, tomatoes, avocados, cottage cheese, alfalfa sprouts, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper.

Then I was off to Starbucks with these babies in hand:

iphone 048

for this pretty lady’s birthday (which was on Wednesday):

amy 005

Amy and I used to perform together in shows at the theater and have been friends for a very long time. She’s one of those friends that would do absolutely anything for someone and has always been there for me no matter what. I’m actually pretty confident that I could ask this girl to cut off her arms and legs for me and she would. THAT is how great of a person she is ;)

Unfortunately, I wasn’t able to see Amy on her real birthday so I attempted to make it up to her by baking a batch of my homemade funfetti cookies (which I have not yet released the recipe for)

amy 006

She seemed to be pleased :)

The Starbucks was freezing inside for some reason, so I decided to go with a hot drink. (Yes, I’m in Miami & yes, it is summer.)

amy 007

I went with a Grande China Green Tips green tea.

Bueno :)

As soon as I got home, I wanted a cold drink. Go figure.

Enter: Strawberries & Crème Smoothie

amy 017amy 014

Strawberries n’ Crème Smoothie

• 1 cup strawberries
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1 cup vanilla almond milk
  • Sweetener of choice (I used Truvia)
  • 1/4 tsp Xanthan gum
  • 1 Tablespoon protein powder of choice
  • Ice
  • Topped with: Rice Crisp Cereal and shredded unsweetened coconut flakes

amy 013

Now I’m going to play more with my new toy and hang out with the cute boy sitting to my right. Enjoy the rest of your day!

A bit to think about: Do you usually order hot or cold drinks?

or

Do you have a cutie sitting to your right? ;)

Jess (In My Healthy Opinion) August 13, 2011 at 4:46 pm

I love Funfetti! :)

Your smoothie looks delicious too. I did have a cutie sitting next to me, but he left for awhile! ;)

Tessa at Amazing Asset August 13, 2011 at 5:40 pm

Funfetti is simply the greatest thing ever. That is all :)
Well that smoothie looks fantastic as well, had to mention that!

Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles August 13, 2011 at 5:48 pm

How sweet of you! And *Happy Birthday* to your great friend, those kind are priceless!!! :) …. Score, Plate C!!! ……Have fun with that toy!
I always crave hot drinks when it’s hot outside and cold drinks when I’m cold. I’m always OFF!!! I drink a lot of frozen/blended drinks in the winter, and I’m the coldest person I know. Go figure!

Itty Bits of Balance August 14, 2011 at 9:46 am

Haha your comments ALWAYS make me laugh out loud– no doubt :)

Danielle Spellman @Squirrel Snackin' August 13, 2011 at 5:48 pm

I did have a cutie too but now he’s downstairs playing video games….sigh. lol Yummy lookin smoothie too! I’ve been wanting to make a peaches n’ cream version!

Itty Bits of Balance August 14, 2011 at 9:48 am

Don’t worry– video games used to be a vice of Will’s to haha!
& peaches and cream sounds DELICIOUS!

Michelle @ Crazy*Running*Legs August 13, 2011 at 6:31 pm

I ALWAYS go with a hot drink. Even though it’s Florida — it’s freezing in the A/C :)

I hope you are having SO much fun with your phone! I love mine :)

Sarah @ Feeeding Brain and Body August 13, 2011 at 6:42 pm

If I’m inside and the air conditioning is on I order a hot drink. I love the Starbucks china green tips tea!

Suzi @ Confessions of a Fitness Instructor August 13, 2011 at 6:50 pm

Everything is more fun with funfetti!

I kind of flip back and forth, normally in the summer I stick with cool drinks but I had a latte just the other day so I guess I’m not too picky one way or the other.

Anna @ Food Fitness Frolicking August 13, 2011 at 8:13 pm

Hot drinks in the summer are not weird AT ALL. I love a hot coffee or hot tea on a hot day..well, only if I’m in an air conditioned starbucks, that is :)

Itty Bits of Balance August 14, 2011 at 10:15 am

Haha I’m glad I’m not alone :D

Amanda @ .running with spoons. August 13, 2011 at 8:16 pm

I have a cutie sleeping on my feet, if that counts? I don’t know why my puppy feels the need to warm my feet when it’s the middle of summer, but I guess it’s the thought that counts :D And I order a mix of hot and cold drinks when I’m out, depending on how I’m feeling. Sometimes I want a hot coffee, and sometimes I want it on the rocks ;)

Lindsay Loves Veggies August 13, 2011 at 9:16 pm

I got back and forth between hot and cold drinks depending on the weather or whether or not I’m running hot or cold on that particular day.

Amy’s a lucky girl to get such an awesome batch of cookies for her birthday! You’re such a good friend! :)

Itty Bits of Balance August 14, 2011 at 10:19 am

sunshine August 13, 2011 at 9:31 pm

I love funfetti! I usually do hot or cold drinks. Depends on my mood…

Kelsey @ Snacking Squirrel August 13, 2011 at 11:19 pm

Funfetti – i’d love to shake the hands of the person who invented such a happy food idea! These cookies are insane- see how happy they make a person haha <3 <3

xo

Sarah F August 14, 2011 at 12:18 am

LOVE funfetti!! I am way too unpredictable with hot vs. cold drinks, I’m an always hot kind of gal but man oh man Idaho can get hot outside so I have gotten cold drinks a whole lot more lately. I’m excited you got an iPhone, are you just loving it?? I’m getting one as soon as they release the 5, I HOPE that it happens in September but my hubs thinks now it might be later… I’m dieing for it, I want it soooooooooooo bad. You should download Boggle and TextTwist; can you tell I like word games?!!

Itty Bits of Balance August 14, 2011 at 10:33 am

Haha I was thinking about downloading Words With Friends! Everyone goes crazy for that game!

I can’t wait for you to get the new iPhone 5! I went from zero to iPhone so ANY iPhone was a great change for me haha

Sweet and Savvy August 14, 2011 at 8:26 am

Those cookies look so great! :)

And I definitely order hot or cold drinks based on if I’ve been hot or if it is cold in the room I am in. Seasons? Psh.. those don’t matter.

Leashieloo August 14, 2011 at 12:27 pm

Funfetti is my favorite! Please post the recipe soon, they look amazing!