- 1 can garbanzo beans
- 2 Tablespoons minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon water
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
1. Combine all ingredients into food processor and process until smooth.
Easy enough? Let’s move on to recipe numero dos!
Black Bean & Hummus Tortilla Pizza
- 1 tortilla (I used a Food For Life brown rice tortilla)
- 3 Tablespoons Cumin-Garlic Hummus (or any other hummus)
- Handful of chopped spinach
- 1/4 cup cooked black beans
- 1/4 cup sliced grape tomatoes
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- Salt & pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees Farenheit and spray baking pan with cooking spray.
2. Spread hummus on one side of tortilla. Sprinkle with handful of spinach.
3. Top tortilla with black beans and tomatoes. Sprinkle with basil, salt, and pepper.
4. Bake for 5-7 minutes and remove when edges become crust-like.
No lie, this is the best lunch I’ve had all summer (and my lunch box salads brought some tough competition to the table. Overall with the hummus already made, this took me less than 10 minutes to throw together. No reason not to make seconds
Along with my pizza, I had some cherries.
Now I’m off to go make one of these beauties for Will and then hopefully head over to AT&T to look into getting a new phone (my current one has been dropping phone calls like ca-ra-zay.) Hope all of you are having a fantastic Friday!
A bit to think about: Have you already started assembling this creation? If not, what are you waiting for!?