Last night, I told Will that we couldn’t hang out because I had to go to the beach with Matthew Fox and Josh Holloway.
I’m sorry—I couldn’t resist. (Sorry Will…)
This morning, I rediscovered an old folder that I dedicated entirely to Faceinhole images a while back. Have any of you tried this website? You pick from a wide assortment of scenarios and literally “put your face in the hole.”… This is actually the strategy that I use to live out my wildest of fantasies.
(Okay, I’m sorry again Will, I’ll stop.)
Yesterday for lunch #2 I had some of the leftover Thai Chicken soup my mom had made with an added handful of spinach
Then it was time to go agenda book shopping to find a replacement for my last one that I filled up at the end of the semester. It’s truly unbelievable how forgetful I can be when I don’t have things jotted down and in plain sight. This isn’t an easy process either– I have VERY high standards when it comes to buying a new planner. It’s like picking a new baby that is going to stay with me everywhere– I have to love it!
For dinner, Will & I worked together to create a makeshift meal. I wanted to use up my leftover salmon from The Cheesecake Factory and Will wanted carbs and shrimp.
I marinated his shrimp in my healthier teriyaki marinade
And then stir-fried them for a few minutes. I also roasted some veggies and Will made some of his famous tweaked jasmine rice (which I NEED to introduce to you—it is unlike any other white rice I’ve tried!)
This morning I woke up willing & ready to conquer a new wheat-free breakfast challenge.
Vegan Wheat-free French Toast
- 2 slices of wheat-free bread (I used Ener-G light tapioca bread)
- 1 Tablespoon ground flax
- 3 Tablespoons water
- 1 Tablespoon almond milk
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Dash of salt
- Dash of nutmeg
1. First make the flax egg. Combine the ground flax and water in a bowl and mix. Stir quickly for about 1 minute or until the liquid becomes thicker.
2. Add almond milk, cinnamon, vanilla extract, salt, and nutmeg in the bowl. Stir to combine. Soak each slice of bread in the mixture on both sides until saturated.
3. Cook both pieces of bread on skillet until golden brown. Flip and cook the other side.
4. Top with desired toppings–Enjoy!