My last lunch box-lunch of the summer…
Romaine lettuce salad with grape tomatoes and chickpeas, along with some steamed broccoli, a Quaker rice cake, and a Gala apple.
This recipe is healthy, easy, delicious, and is coated in Parmesan-y cheesy goodness. What more could you ask for?
Easy & Healthy Chicken Patty Parmesan
- Cooking spray
- 1 raw chicken patty
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 cup diced onion
3 Tablespoons tomato sauce (I used Prego)
1 package Shiritaki fettuccine noodles
1 Tablespoon Parmesan cheese
1. Heat pan and coat with cooking spray. Place raw chicken patty in center of pan and cook for 10 minute, flipping half-way through. Be sure to cook the patty thoroughly.
2. In another heated pan coated with cooking spray, combine minced garlic and onions.
3. When onion and garlic mixture is cooked thoroughly, add 2 of the Tablespoons of tomato sauce (not all 3!) Combine mixture.
4. Rinse and drain Shiritaki noodles and heat in microwave for 2 minutes. Combine noodles with tomato sauce mixture on stovetop. Allow noodles to settle for about 2 more minutes before transferring to a plate.
5. When chicken patty is done cooking, place on top of the pasta mixture. Heat last Tablespoon of pasta sauce in the microwave for 30 seconds.
6. Dump the heated tomato sauce on top of the chicken patty and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.