Only two more days of packing lunches! That deserves three thumbs up Thumbs up Thumbs up Thumbs up
I dream of the day that I can once again enjoy a hot meal or cold smoothie from the comfort of my own home. Don’t get me wrong—I love my leafy & greeny monster salads (or as Gina would say, “Salad beasts”) but give me an oven, blender, and cutting board and I’ll be one happy lady 😀
Speaking of monster salads, today’s lunchbox eats included the following:
Romaine lettuce with grape tomatoes, chickpeas, red onions, tuna with mustard, and carrots.
With a gala apple and brown rice crackers on the side
And now for your viewing/reading pleasure, the lentil stuffed pepper recipe for one that I created last night for dinner. Enjoy 😉
Lentil Stuffed Pepper For One
1 large bell pepper
3 Tablespoons tomato sauce
1 Tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
1/4 cup diced onion
1/4 cup diced mushrooms
1/4 cup lentils
1 cup water
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Slice bell pepper in half and place face-down in a greased baking dish. Cook halves for 20 minutes.
2. While peppers are baking, begin to cook lentils. Place water and lentils into pot. Bring water and lentils to a boil, reduce heat, then let simmer for 15-20 minutes or until lentils are soft.
3. In a pan sprayed with cooking spray, begin to cook diced onion and mushrooms. After 3-5 minutes, add 1 Tablespoon (not all 3) of the tomato sauce and the basil. Mix together.
4. When lentils are done, drain the leftover water and combine with the onion and mushroom mixture. Mix together and season with salt and pepper to taste.
5. Stuff peppers face up with the veggie mixture. Cover peppers with last 2 tablespoons of tomato sauce. Bake for 20 minutes.