I had always wanted to make & personalize my own granola bars and when I found out that Will was going to class without eating breakfast in the mornings it was just the excuse I needed to finally do it.
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Granola Bars
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 5 tablespoons corn syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 2/3 cups wheat germ
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup Multigrain Cheerios
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit & oil a 9×13 inch pan.
2. In one large bowl, stir together the first 5 ingredients(brown sugar, corn syrup, peanut butter, vanilla, and applesauce)
3. In a separate bowl mix together oats, wheat germ, chocolate chips, white chocolate chips, and Multigrain Cheerios
4. Mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Press lightly into the baking pan.
5. Bake for 25-27 minutes or until golden. Allow to cool for 10 minutes then cut into squares. Enjoy!